Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Dario Dell'Aere, Fockewulf 190, Italo Disco Rarities, EAGLES IN THE NIGHT, FRED VENTURA SINGLES


refreshed links


eagles in the night
AN EAGLES ZIP
EAGLES IN THE NIGHT
HEARTBEAT FRED VENTURA
LEAVE ME ALONE FRED VENTURA
THE YEARS GO BY FRED VENTURA
IMAGINE FRED VENTURA 1987 TIME RECORDS
Body Heat
Fockewulf 190 using the voice of Fred Ventura came out with Eagles in the Night by Dario Dell'Aere in 1985 on Market Records Italy. It is now one of the most coveted Italo Disco 12" in existence and in my opinion one of the very best. It is the epitome of Italo Disco kitsch. The male vocals are completely off and he seems to yell "oh wacky co-co" and then after when she sings "oh I will become an eagle that flies only in the night" and he comes back "Uh ho Uh ho." It is simply classic nonsensical Italo at it's best. Why would someone want to become an eagle that flies only in the night anyway?

I was trying to put my finger on what makes the sound of the music so unusual and then it dawned on me it sounds as if in the background they are playing a children's xylophone. Yet the synth work is top notch.

Frank Tavaglione with the ultra rare 12" Tumidanda is also Fockewulf 190. Aliases in Italo Disco seem more common then they would be in a spy movie! Body Heat was their release from 1984 on Market Records. Ironically they wrote on the sleeve of the 12" that Dario Dell'Aere did the vocals but it was actually Fred Ventura (Federico Di Bonaventura).


The 12" cover art work by Tiziana Dell'Aere for Eagles in the Night is quite interesting too and probably ups the value as quite a few collectors I've come in contact with are quite partial to picture sleeves. Especially those who collect Italo Disco.


My love for Italo Disco came quite late in life. Because at the time going out in Rome in the 80's that's the music I heard in clubs and most nights it didn't seem quite so remarkable to me. But now considering how coveted and rare many of these tracks have become and then reading about how many of them had a strong influence on early house music and were staples on the legendary WBMX of Chicago, I realize that I really was quite fond of them after all. It's just that here in Italy in many cases they were simply Top 40 radio fodder so they seemed quite common.


But in the past decade I've become a rabid collector of Italo mp3's.  I guess because I've already accumulated so many of the disco and morning music ones that I wanted to get. Also due to the fact that for several years Italo disco labels like il discotto, Memory, Time, Market, Baby and others were quite prolific it would be almost impossible to know the majority of the releases. Many fell by the wayside during that period and many others were licensed by ZYX records in Germany and those got promoted heavily even though in many cases they were not the best ones.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this classic track!

ExpatMichael said...

Glad you enjoyed it.

olz said...

Mate you are a legend. Im a Hip Hop & Funk jock with a Disco fetish on the side and im really impressed with both your blog & record collection. I know very little about Italo but thanks to your efforts im going to know a bit more. Cheers!

ExpatMichael said...

I do thank you for your enthusiasm. I don't get many comments.

Dario Dell'Aere said...

Good morning. I'm Dario Dell'Aere.
I would like to point out that Fred Ventura's voice was used only for the song *Body Heat* where the music, arranged by Miky Chieregato, is built on the basis of an old song of mine entitled *Walking Out*.
all the other songs: No Sex, Tumidanda, Gitano, Eagles in Tha Night, and many others, are my compositions arranged with my group Fockewulf-190 and they were all sung by me.
a greeting.

ExpatMichael said...

Caro Dario sei un mito! Grazie per la chiarezza. Michael a Roma

ExpatMichael said...

https://www.filefactory.com/file/bd35zi1xo6r/Eagles%20in%20the%20Night.mp3